Louisiana Application for License
First step of the process:
The following items must be submitted to apply for licensure approval in the State of Louisiana. Upon approval from LBMT, you must complete the Professional License Registration form and remit payment online or manually by mail.
1. Completed Application – Must be completed, typed or printed legible and submitted with the signed and notarized Affidavit of Application.
**Note - All applications must be dated within 30 days of LBMT Office receipt. Applications dated prior to 30 days of receipt will be returned to the applicant unprocessed.
2. Application fee of $75.00 – Cashier’s Check or Money Order payable to LBMT.
3. Criminal Background Check – Convictions of certain types of crimes may disqualify an individual for licensure in Louisiana. As part of this application, the applicant must submit a criminal background history as part of the application. The criminal background history must be obtained from the Louisiana Bureau of Criminal Identification and Information of the Office of State Police within the Department of Public Safety and Corrections (“Bureau”) and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation of the United States Department of Justice ("FBI").
Questions concerning obtaining a criminal background history record may be directed to the Bureau at telephone # (225) 925-6006 and to the FBI at telephone # (304) 625-2000.
4. Official Education Transcript – Applicant must submit a certified transcript showing the completion of the educational hours required by Louisiana Law (Title 46 Part XLIV. Chapter 11 §1101 [B]). The minimum 500 in class hours shall consist of 325 hours dedicated to the study of massage therapy techniques and clinical practicum-related modalities, 125 hours dedicated to the study of anatomy and physiology, and 50 hours of discretionary related course work, including but not limited to hydrotherapy, business practices and professional ethics, health and hygiene, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and first aid.
5. Results of National Exam – Applicant must present proof of passing a National Exam within 2 years from the date the application is filed (Title 46 Part XLIV. Chapter 13 §1301).
6. Current Photo – Enclose one (1) 2” x 2” photo of yourself on photo paper.
This information is included at the beginning of form LBMT001 - Louisiana Application for License available below.
Should you have additional questions, please feel free to call the LBMT office at (225) 756-3488.
You can download the Louisiana Application for License - Form LBMT001 - HERE
P: (225) 756-3488
F: (225) 756-3493
2645 O’Neal Lane
Bldg. C, Ste. E
Baton Rouge, LA